03 June, 2014

My babies, Shel and Fairies

I love nature.
I love fairies.
I LOVE KIDS BOOKS.
I love pictures.
I HAVE THE CUTEST KIDS!
So what do I do?  Torture Olivia and Soren and make them pose for pictures.  Troy came along and held things for me. Soren proceeded to make funny faces the whole time.  I ended up scolding them. I didn't yell. (Ask Andy, I never yell.)  As always the kids settle into the process and I am able to capture them in the moment.  They will find something or read something that captures their interest and they forget about me.
 We had found a beautiful treasure on the forest floor.  A little blue egg all broken apart.  Olivia instantly comes up with a story to go along with it.  She takes after me.  There has to be a happy ending to everything.  She tells a story about a little birdie flying away to find a home.  Soren comes up with having it being eaten by something.
 Shel Silversteins poetry has been a standard in our home.  All of our kids have spent hours reading and reciting. I love how there is always a smile when kids read his work.  The giggles are wonderful.  Each one of the kids have had favorite.
 Can't stand how fast these two are growing up.  Can't stand how fast all my kids are growing up.  

 Soren being goofy.


 I love the Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker.  My favorite art work of fairies.  Love the poems too!

We are especially lucky to have such an amazing place for the kids to play and explore.  There is always something to see and it changes during each season.
One more picture session done.  I've been able to catch a little bit of these two stink bugs being brother and sister.  

No comments:

Post a Comment