23 June, 2014

Beach time

 One of my favorite things about living in the Northwest is being so close to the ocean.  I could grab the kids and haul them down there to go exploring and it takes me just minutes.  The first few pics are of a day I just took Soren and Olivia.  They were both driving the older girls crazy.  It was overcast and but still nice to get out of the house.
 They spent almost the whole time on this fallen tree stump.  They pretended it was their ship and couldn't get off.  I was able to sit back and enjoy the sounds and scents around me.


 On the way home we spotted these little ones.  So fun.

 Troy was able to come home for the weekend.  YAY!  We took a picnic to the beach.  Soren loves to pick up all the dead things.  

 It was a beautiful sunny day but a little chilly.  The kids had to try the water.


 A dead jelly fish had washed up to shore and the kids all thought it was fascinating.  I had to leave because I was so grossed out.  Shocking right?  Soren kept trying to pick it up and carry it but it would just tear.  EW!
Say that with a Jimmy Fallon "EW".

 Olivia wanted to build a sandcastle.  The beach that has all the sand was so crowded with some kind of event.  Troy and Soren painstakingly carried little bowl and cup of water up to her. Over and over again they did this until her sand was wet enough.  I cracked me up to watch.
Anna had done Olivia's hair that morning for me.  Love it!

Despite the fact that we are all blinded by how white we are, I think this might be one of my favorite pics of all time.  Soren's not going to be holding Daddy's hand much longer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment