08 April, 2014

Izzie

Our sweet dear Izzie is gone.  I think I can finally talk about it without falling apart.
I think she was just about the best dog out there, except for the fact that she would run away.  Now I'm glad she did.  Izzie came alive when we moved to Washington.  She was in her element. The pond was her playground.  The ducks her toys, as much as I hated it.  To this day, I don't know how she would catch them.
Having dogs in our family, I know that we are going to go through the death process at some point with them.  It's so hard on my family, but the time we had with this loyal, quiet, reflective being.....
So worth it.
Look at her eyes.  She would look at you and know.
Know if we hurt.
Know if we were happy.
Know if we were scared.
We will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment