12 April, 2015

Art

During spring break we were able to have a day outing with Logan.  He had the day off from work.  It's rare these days to have all of us together.  I guess that's what happens when kids move out!  We went to the Vancouver museum of Art.  I can't wait to go back by myself.  Soren and Olivia went way too fast and I wasn't able to really slow down and enjoy it. 
We had a wonderful lunch at the Cactus Club Cafe.  We must look like such country bumpkins when we go to the city.  We all just gawk at all the buildings and all the people.   



 Or we stand out because of this.
 Or because my family are all extremely tall and there is a huge Asian population there.  We literally look like a family of giants walking through the streets.




 I have a little diva on my hands.



 Look at Soren behind the girls.



 On the way home we drove through China town.  

 Of course we all thought this was cool but in NO WAY WOULD WE EVER STOP THERE!  Very sketchy.
 I came home exhausted.  My nerves were shot and I was ready to lock myself in my room.  When all the kids were younger and I had babies, outings were full of trials.  Crying kids, throw up, strollers, car seats, extra food, clothes.  It took forever to get out the door and then it took forever to reach our destination.
Now I grab my over packed purse and go.  I find that I still pack a first aid kit.  Hey, we're the Dunow's.( My purse was so heavy, Troy and Logan both took turn carrying it for me in the museum.)

 Now really get to sit back and take in whats going on around me instead of being caretaker.  Some things will never change though.  Kids argue.  Troy wanted to listen to Taylor Swift and Logan said something unsavory.  We ended up listening to Nirvana.  
Soren talks, everyone tells him to shut up.  Logan talks about cars non stop.  I tell him to shut up. I bet in 20 years we will be arguing about the same things.  I bet Troy will still be singing along to Taylor Swift.

No comments:

Post a Comment