03 January, 2015

The Frozen maniac turns 9

OK, I'm going to be playing catch up.  The crazy holiday season is over and now I can start to slow down.  Isn't that how it works?  I know, I live in a fantasy world.  Troy is home for more than a couple weeks at time for now.  I have so been taking advantage of that!  
My goal this year is to really stay on top of my family blog.  I want my family and friends to have an idea what is happening with us Dunow's. 
I did something unusual this year for Olivia's Birthday.  I actually gave a birthday party within the "30 day limit".  Do you know how many birthday parties I have thrown for my kids that have not been even in the same month as their birthdays?  I don't want to talk about it.
Can we guess the theme?
 Yes, That blasted movie Frozen.  Just goes to show you how much we love Olivia.  We had too many kids, too much time and not enough patience for little tantrums.
Nine year old girls are not fun when you put 20 or so in the same room.







Little cutie in the flannel is also an Olivia and a complete opposite of my Olivia.  Crazy, but they play so well together.  Both are amazing little Olivia's!
Regardless how much I honestly hated the whole party, I was happy that Olivia and her friends had a good time.  She's not going to be a little girl much longer and I'm hanging onto it for dear life.  I find myself making little kids crafts for her and Soren.  When I give it to them and am so excited, they just look at me like I'm crazy.  I need someone with a small child that I can give random gifts to so I can appease my toddler yearnings.
Anna made a beautiful snowman cake for our little darling.  Troy, Ella, Anna and I all made blue fleece scarves tied up with gloves for the thank you gift.  It warms my little heart to see my Hubby using scissors making crafts.  Best Husband Ever.
There was A LOT of squealing, screaming, crying and tattling.  Regardless of all the drama I would of done it all over again in a heartbeat.  
My baby is growing up.  I'm having a hard time with this.  People tell me this is normal to feel this way for the youngest.  Well, I don't like it.  I want this back.

 Anna and Ella would haul Olivia around like one of their baby dolls.  I think they would still do it today if she didn't weigh so much!

 I say I want to go back, and in some ways I want too.  I want my Mom to see the amazing children I have. Our little Miss Muffet has grown into such a kind, caring, funny little girl.  She has a wicked sense of humor and great comedic timing.  Her laugh is a true belly chuckle.  If your lucky enough to hear Olivia laugh, it makes your day.  This last picture of Olivia and Mom made me bawl.  Literally.  Olivia had just made it through a major pneumonia scare.  They had just put her on oxygen for sleeping.  She looked strong and healthy here but she was one little sick baby.  I had my Mom with me for support.  As a family we supported each other through fighting for Olivia to get better.  
Today she still struggles.  She is healthy.  She is strong.  She is beautiful.
She is funny.  
She is smart.  Holy cow is this cookie smart! (Luckily all my kids took after their Father!)
I struggle with my baby growing up but boy am I thankful she's this little girl now!  
Happy birthday to my Little Miss Muffet.
OK, so I may have been a couple of months late writing this post but at least I wasn't a couple of months late with the birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment