21 June, 2015

Banff and friends

 Yesterday we were able to run up to Banff and meet up with our friends from Washington.  It was my very first time to the park.  What's really exciting is, Banff is 1 hour and 20 minutes from our house.  Seriously lucky to have it so close.



Troy was so good to me and stuck with me on the walk.  I'm so stinking out of shape and going up and down those stairs killed me.  I'm huffing and puffing trying to keep up and Laurie is there to run a freaking marathon.  I  will never run one but I am determined to get in better shape.  I enjoy being outdoors too much. 
 You should of seen our girls cry when they saw each other.  OK, so I cried too.  I know it had only been a month since we moved, but I miss this family like crazy.  Laurie was there to run in the Banff marathon.  We ended up bringing Cailyn home with us.  Wish we could just keep both girls for a while.  I grabbed my Leah and just breathed her in.  I know all my kids smells.  It probably sounds weird to some people but I miss hugging the girls and their smell.  That does sound weird now that I typed it out.  Mom's would understand though.


 We did a a lot of hiking.  We walked to the Fairmont Hotel.  Holy cow it's magnificent.  Definitely will be making some drives up in the Fall and Winter.





I'm really excited to start to explore around where we live.  There are some pretty amazing places.  From what everyone tells us we have to take advantage of the summer because winter comes to fast here.  We plan on doing a lot of activities too.  If any of you want to come spend time up here, let me know.  We have room for families and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment