21 June, 2015

A windy walk.

 The kids are going a little stir crazy.  All the Calgary kids are still in school until next Friday so that means my kids get bored.  There is this nice little botanical garden tucked back in a neighborhood that is perfect for us.
It's not to old and was built by BP.  There is a cute little maze that was fun to figure out.  

 Had to take a pic of the doc's.
 I need to get a better shot of the trees.  they are planted in a spiral.   At the center of the spiral is a big brick circle.   
It was rather windy, rainy and cold.  I kept having to nag Olivia to put her jacket on.






There are plants that are starting to flower all over.  They have some veggie gardens and fruit trees also.  I'm sure I will have fun going there over the summer and seeing everything grow and change.  I will most definitely be spending time there.  A LOT!  I no longer have a lot of land to grow things on.  I miss the smell of the forest and ocean.  I just miss having that clean earthy smell that was Washington.
We were walking through the garden and all the kids commented on how they couldn't' get enough of the smell.  We are such country bumpkins.

A bit windy.

The park is also dog friendly.  It's an off leash park.  We got to pet and see a lot of different types of dogs.  The family and I are working with Milo and Elliot daily so they get used to the sights, sounds and smells of being in the city.  Both dogs so far have done really good around other dogs.  I just don't dare let them off leash yet.  They still catch a scent and take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment