23 February, 2015

So green already

 I always comment to people that it's always green here all year round.  This spring however seems to be popping up a little sooner than expected for me.  Everything seems to be brighter right now.  Not surprising coming out of our very dark winters.  The Swans are already in the fields making my favorite sounds.
 Everywhere  you look there is moss.  Every shade of green possible.  I don't know why I have a fascination with moss.  Maybe because it seems magical or fairy like.  I got a close up pic of the moss.  They're so tiny, reaching for the sun.
 


 The very first of the bulbs to pop up this year.  Of course I cut them and brought them into the house.  I couldn't resist having the little sunny flowers to brighten up my family room.


 One day last week I grabbed the two older girls and made them go down to the pond with me.  I wanted to collect a bunch of pussy willows to have in the house.  It's a La Rae thing.  Mom would always find some to decorate with every spring. 
There had been so much rain, the pond was to high for me to go to the back to get some.  I ended up with two little branches.
 Olivia had been sick so I told her to stay inside.  She couldn't resist the sunshine and followed us outside.  It's amazing what a little fresh air does for a person.
This is usually my daily look.  Scrubs, tee-shirt and snow boots.

 Go a shot of Logan coming up the lane for a visit.

I'm just getting restless to get out and do some gardening.  Every day there is something new coming up!


No comments:

Post a Comment