04 May, 2014

Rock Skipping

 A few weeks ago I decided that we needed to have a rock skipping contest.  I had been finding and collecting the best rocks for skipping.  I planned a time where Logan would be at work so I could win. So down to the pond we went.
 Troy spent some time teaching the kids how to throw it properly.  Pretty soon Soren had the hang of it and was skipping up to 4 times.

 Olivia however, just couldn't get the knack of it.  Maybe it was because she wouldn't put her baby Darcie down.
 Like always the kids spent time pretending to push each other in.  There is a reason I'm not in any of these pics.  This was one of those lazy pj and sweatshirt kind of days.
I think Soren ended up winning.
 On the way back up the house, I asked the kids to just for me.  I ended up having to sit down I was laughing so hard.






 Ella and I just stood back and laughed at everyone.  I ended up standing back while they walked up the hill to our house.  I had one of those moments where your struck with such a sense of amazement.  I'm so incredibly lucky to have such an amazing family.  A husband who loves to play with his family.  Kids that love each other.  Most of the time!  Wonderful pets to share our lives with.  A house in the country where I can be away from it all.  Most of all I'm thankful that I have so much laughter in my life.

I had handed Ella the camera while I was skipping some rocks.  She snapped this of Anna.  So lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment