15 March, 2014

Birds and Bird dogs

The other day as I was driving around Custer, trying to find a naughty dog, I came across a tree full of birds.  I know, shocking that I would notice them.  I didn't have my camera with me so I ran home and grabbed it.  When I say "ran", that wasn't literal.  Haha, me running?
 I could kick myself for not having my binoculars.  That sounded way too nerdy.  I couldn't tell what the brown birds were.  They are as big as the bald eagle.  I was able to walk right under the tree and watch them.  As soon as they all started to make noise, I hightailed it to the van.  I didn't want to end up like Troy.  I'll have to tell the story about how he was attacked by a hawk sometime.  So funny!

 This tree off in the distance had even more in it.

I should just go and ask one of the local farmers.  It was fun for me to spot so many at the same time.  My kids get so annoyed with me when I have to pull over for photo's or to figure out a bird.  Troy completely tolerates it.  He deals with it stoically, like a brave, fierce warrior going into battle.  A warrior who rolls his eyes.  As for Elliot?  He ended up coming home later on acting like nothing happened.  He was out messing around with his friend Buddy.  Elliot talked Buddy into busting out of his invisible eclectic fence.  Needless to say our neighbors weren't very happy with Elliot. The ponds are full of ducks right now.  What do we expect a German Short hair and a Yellow Lab to do for fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment