04 February, 2013

Town Mouse, Country Mouse.

 Several weeks ago a storm blew down several more trees.   It's an amazing sight to see such huge trees broken to bits.  The first thing I did was go out and check to make sure there were no nests, squirrel or bird, that had been smashed.
 I can just imagine a little bird family being displaced by the storm.
That's what I get from watching too much Little Bear with Olivia.
Or by myself when I have no kids at home!

 I am very aware of my skewed view of how animals live and think.  Troy and the kids would see Ted and Poppy outside and not have second thoughts.  I on the other hand, have the story of Town Mouse, Country Mouse running through my head.  I see Ted and Poppy, being the mean cats on the hunt for the poor helpless mice.
Mice that are living in their little holes in the ground, with a fireplace to keep the little mice feet warm.  Mommy mouse cooking veggie stew for the family while the little kid mice play checkers.  Daddy mouse is off collecting wood for the fire when all of a sudden a HUGE cat named Ted pounces on him!  Those poor little mice no longer have a Daddy or a Husband.  
 Troy is forever teasing me about my denial of the real world.  I want all animals to be vegetarians, not hunting mice and little pretty birds.
That's just what Poppy and Ted were doing.  Off they go to the corn field to find a little field mouse and bop them on their head.

They got one.
I know that because I stepped on it when Poppy left it on the porch for me.
Those poor little mice out there with out a Mother or Father.
Who is going to knit the little winter sweaters for them or gather seeds for their dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment