26 September, 2015

Autumn time in Canada

 It's absolutely gorgeous in Calgary right now.  The air is crisp and cool.  We've had some rain so it's fresh.  Our two dogs, Elliot and Milo need to be walked a couple of times a day now.  They don't have the dozens of acres to run when ever  they want.  Now they have a little postage sized backyard.  Poor things.  I know they long to run and chase things.  Unfortunately we are having to socialize them to other dogs and cars.  Both of them are doing much better.
 Olivia's school is within walking distance.  It's down a hill.  I hate climbing back up that hill. Boy do  I really need to get into shape.  The dogs are helping me with that.  Off in the distance is the Olympic park for the Calgary Olympics.  I don't remember what year it was for.  


 I handed Ella my camera while I cleaned up dog poo.  Story of my life.  Always cleaning up someones!  I'm dying over my face though!

 This is what makes walking the dogs hard.  These HUGE jackrabbits are everywhere!  No joke, everywhere!  They are bigger than most dogs.  They scare me.





I'm definitely settling into living in a neighborhood.  Taking walks helps me.  I don't know how I'll feel about taking walks in -40 weather!  The weather has been perfect for me.  Of course this is my favorite time of year.  We were lucky to move into a community with a lot of kids around.  This has helped my kids acclimate.  It's only been a few months, but I think we've settled pretty nicely.  Oh, there are days when I get homesick for Logan, my friends and Washington.  That's normal. But overall I think our family is pretty lucky to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment