14 October, 2014

Running away

You all know those days where you just want to run away?  Well I had hit my brick wall and needed to escape for an hour or so, just to clear my head and breath.
I grabbed my camera and started driving.  It's nice living in the country where I can just pull over on the side of the road and take pics.



 Of course I needed to get some snap shots of these beautiful ladies.  I spent some time talking to a few of them.  Then I cried because they reminded me of Clara Bell, our old milk cow.  Then of course I think of Mom.  So there I was out in the middle of the country, on the side of the road with my camera, talking and crying to the cows.
That's normal, right?

 I love this lane.  I want one like it someday.  



 It was wonderful to have the windows rolled down while I drove.  Northwest Washington in the fall smells amazing!  The leaves, pine, ocean.  I could do without all the cow poop smells!
I had the radio off.  Just the sounds of life going on around me.  I need to do this more often because it really does help me center myself.  After a while I headed home to this perfect little lady.  Sweet Poppy was there to great me at the door.
I feel really lucky to be living here.  By far it's the most beautiful place I have ever lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment