06 February, 2014

Wasted time

 This is what I waste my time on these day. Trumpeter Swans. Big surprise to everyone who knows I love birds right?  What great about it is they are right out in the field behind my house.
 I have my binoculars sitting on my end table.  I find them so fascinating to watch.  The way they communicate with each other.  Every once in a while there will be a fledgelings along with their parents.  They will fly into the field in pairs.  Most of all, I love the noise they make.  It annoys my family.  They are really quite loud.  I have to say I would rather listen to these birds than to a middle school band.

 Beautiful when the fog is hanging low.








I was stunned how large these birds are.  One night I walked out into the field with them.  They didn't let me get to close.  I was hoping they would.  The kids and Troy warned me I would probably be attacked by them. Bird attacks only happen to Troy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment