21 May, 2013

Magical little homes.

One of my hobbies is making Fairy houses.  Back when my older children were small, I started them on making them.  We would go hiking and gather things to build them with.  Now I'm to the point where it's just my two little ones that will still build with me.  The great part about this is the forest is right next to our house.  I love to take the kids exploring of new things.

I tried to go out to the forest the other day, but there was a gardener snake right at the beginning of the trail.  I squealed, jumped around and then ran inside the house where I was safe from the snake.











I decided to put them in the little garden spot by the front walkway.  We have just started on it.  Olivia wants to put Fairy lights up. Soren and Olivia are making walkways from each of the houses.  It's so fun to watch them work to build this little town.  When other little kids see it, their faces light up and they're fascinated.  Such a magical thing for a little one.

I have found it relaxing for me to work on the houses and garden.  I could sit for hours and do this.  I'm outside, working with things from nature.  With all the enjoyment that comes from this, comes the teasing from certain older guys in the house.  Good thing I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment